Our goal is to ensure that you receive
the best results from your treatment. To achieve the best results, your skin
must be healthy, strong, and non-irritated. Unfortunately, not all clients are
good candidates for permanent makeup due to their compromised skin condition or
pre-existing medical conditions.
If you have any of the below conditions, you may not retain colour well and may not be a good candidate for the permanent makeup procedure, if you choose to proceed please understand that results may vary further based on this and further appointments needed will incur a cost of a further perfection visit, you must also adhere to our prepare and aftercare instructions, such as avoiding alcohol and caffeine to ensure optimal results.
· Ingrown hairs and open bumps on eyebrow-injured skin cannot be tattooed
· Eczema (Constant flaking/itching/irritation/shedding of skin)- skin is not healthy
· Dermatitis (Constant flaking/itching/irritation/shedding of skin)- skin is not healthy
· Rosacea (chronic acne-like skin indicated by redness)- skin bleeds easy and will not retain colour well
· Severely oily skin on eyebrows-the hair strokes will appear more blended, solid, or not retain at all. Powder brow is best option.
· Large pores on your forehead & in the eyebrow area- colour will blur/blend in large pores resulting in a powdered look. Powder brow is best option.
· Have moles/raised areas/piercings in or around the brow/eye area- anything raised or indented will not retain colour
· Deep wrinkles in the brow area-the hair strokes will not lay properly in the creases, giving the eyebrows an uneven look
· Hair transplant for your eyebrows-colour will not take in the scar tissue where the plugs were placed
· Shingles-permanent makeup will not be performed as the procedure could cause a flare-up)
· Fitzpatrick Skin types 1 (red heads/translucent skin/light eyes) – due to hypersensitivity and thinness, this skin type does not take the colour well. Powder brow is best option.
· Accutane or Retin-A (acne medication) within the last year- skin composition is altered and will not heal well. Must wait 1 year before treatment
· Retinol or Vitamin A user- skin composition is altered and will not heal well. Must discontinue use 1 month prior to treatment
· Extremely thin skin- transparent or translucent bleeds easily and cannot hold colour due to its thinness
· If you come in with a tan or sunburn- skin is not normal colour and is/or damaged, your appointment will be cancelled and deposit forfeited.
· Use of Latisse or any eyelash/eyebrow growth conditioner- skin will be hypersensitive and bleed easily. Use must discontinued for 2 months prior to procedure.
· Pregnant or nursing (at risk and sensitive due to change in hormones) we will nonot tattoo.
· Haemophilia (high risk- cannot stop bleeding)
· Heart Conditions/Pace Maker/Defibrillator (No exceptions) (high risk)
· Body runs hot (increased bleeding which prevents colour deposit)
· Bleeding disorders (increased bleeding which prevents colour deposit)
· Thyroid condition and taking medication for this condition (Hypo, Hyperthyroidism, Graves Disease, Hashimoto’s- results in thicker skin). Powder brow is best option.
· Auto Immune Disorder such as LUPUS or Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia (MS, RA, Lupus or the like). Powder brow is best option.
If you are any of these medications, you will have excessive bleeding and the colour WILL NOT retain well – if you choose to go ahead results may vary:
· Triflusal (Disgren)
· Clopidogrel (Plavix)
· Prasugrel (Effient)
· Ticagrelor (Brilinta)
· Ticlopidine (Ticlid)
· Cilostazol (Pletal)
· Vorapaxar (Zontivity)
· Dipyridamole (Persantine
If you fail to disclose any of the above skin conditions/medical conditions/medications, you will have a poor outcome and further touch-ups to improve the results will be at an additional cost or treatment may be declined by Feather Touch Aesthetics. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
results will vary with each individual client and using a pencil or powder may
still be needed. We have no control over what occurs during the healing
process. Absolutely NO guarantee will be made and additional sessions (charged
accordingly) may be required to obtain optimal results, every person is unique
and we will endeavour to select the best procedure based on information
For most clients, a minimum of two treatments are usually needed, at least 8 weeks apart. With most procedures, the colour looks dramatically lighter after the first week. Some clients prefer this, while others opt for a bolder look. At the second session, we will assess the colour retention and make adjustments as necessary. Everyone heals differently and at different rates. If your cosmetic tattoo does not heal perfectly after the first session, do not worry! We can always go darker and add more density at your next appointment. 🙂
CORRECTION & COVER-UP WORK
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed and are interested in a cover-up/re-work, you MUST send us a clear photo PRIOR to booking your appointment. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these and we must approve that your eyebrows are workable. In some cases where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured, or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before we begin the cover-up/re-work. Previously tattooed areas and cover-ups will almost always require additional appointments for best results and will be charged accordingly.
Please note these important conditions:
1. Touch-up maintenance on the eyebrows are required every 1-2 years to maintain the general shape and colour. After 3 years, a full treatment is required.
2. If you have existing permanent makeup from another artist, please contact us prior to booking.
3. If you have any of the below, please contact us to discussion prior to booking. If any of the above are of concern to you, remember you are able to book a free consultation or contact us directly on Messenger, our goal is to ensure your brow goals are delivered 100%